If you discover that your basement is wet , you really need to call a professional to get help. It might not seem like a big deal, but it can definitely turn into a worse issue if it's not fixed. Here's why:
- Dampness breeds mildew and mold. Water is your home's worst enemy. We have said it over and over again—and we'll keep saying it to everyone who will listen. Water penetration will inevitably lead to mildew and mold growth. These aren't easy things to get rid of. They will end up destroying your home if you let them, and bring down your house's value.
- A damp basement will affect the air quality in your entire house. Don't wrongly assume that you can contain the problem to your basement. The dirty air from your wet basement will eventually work its way into your home. The result? Allergy problems. And if anyone in your family has asthma, look for the house to get unbearable.
- A damp basement is an unusable basement. Your basement is great storage space, or in many cases, great space for a game room or additional living space. However, when it's wet, you can't use it for anything.
Don't let your basement stay wet. Contact us now and have it repaired properly!