Reliable Basement Services Egress window Installation Steps
Egress Window Installation Steps:
1. We call Julie before we dig to locate any underground utilities.
2. We lay down 6 mil plastic next to the work area to protect your yard and
3. Hand dig the exterior area where the egress window will be installed,
placing the excess dirt on the protective plastic. (No heavy machinery
brought on site).
4. The concrete wall will be cut from the exterior using a concrete saw with
water hookup, ensuring minimal dust and minimal mess on the interior of
the home. All excess concrete and dirt will be taken away and disposed
of. (The Egress Window is now ready to be installed).
5. Ensure proper support if necessary (if this is a support wall, or if home
has a brick facing).
6. Install window. Level and plum with treat wood, wooden shims.
7. Ensure proper drainage, every home is different some homes have exterior
drain tiles, some do not. (either way we will present a proper drainage
solution for your dome).
8. Install the window well by attaching to the foundation wall, add escpae
ladder to the window well. Fill around the drain tile and window well
both sides approximately 3" to 5" of 3/4" washed gravel
so water will drain. Backfill with the existing dirt.
9. Remove all excess dirt, concrete, and debris.
Project is finished!